Wednesday 18 February 2009

Week Two, Day Three : Humiliate Me


I found this at dawn, slid underneath my door along with a pile of knitting patterns & a 1972 Fodor tourist guide to Blackpool with it's innards ripped out & replaced with a post-it note saying 'Onions/Cheese/Bacofoil/Gripe Water/Sausages'. This is the kind of level at which Müller works & there is nothing at all we can do to stop him. As it is I'm struggling with my lines & whoever played Johnny last year must have been the size of a warthog. Frankly I look ludicrous but there is no time to hire a seamstress & as they say, the show must go on. I pray that my sheer ability alone will override such inexcusable production flaws & save the night. No such hope for Madden & Lithgow however : Between them they have only found three photographs to discuss (two cut out of the Bury Free Press, one cut out of Hustler) & the talk lasts for an hour and a half. By my reckoning that's half an hour for each photo unless they string out the tea break & there's only five cups & one third of a packet of Boosters in the Legion cupboards last time I looked. I pity them so but there is little I can do to help. I am slightly more fortunate : Although my father was weak in his paternal role, at least he was an actor & still is. Consequently there is a little of the Thespian in me which I must thrust into the limelight tomorrow. My fear is that Lithgow will use my brilliance as cover to make his move (I am not worried about Madden : She seems content to run about on any flat surface she lands on & we are in the Fens). 


It's wrong & he knows it is. I hoped to wring some information from him this evening by luring him to a Filipino restaurant to 'discuss' camp strategy but he obviously knew I was fishing & successfully diverted me with talk of prostitutes, marriage & Australia, the combination of which I know little about. I've a gut feeling he's going to bail any day now but just how is anyone's guess. Müller has infilled the ferret hole with back copies of the Angling Times so Perry's route out is now scuppered. He'll have to be smart to pull something off this soon. He's no patsy however & I put nothing past him. I'll be keeping a close eye tomorrow (except when I'm taking the Morning No.2's but I expect he'll be in the Chapel for that. God knows, I would be..)

1 comment:

USAN said...

That book of of crotch dollies of yours has a most hypnotic cover. You must be extremely careful with that kind of relic. I saw something similar on the list of Avignon. It holds power that is unimaginable (especially for you). There has been some intelligence that suggests that the people behind that infernal two-way tea towel - cunningly, if not a bit crudely disguised as the horses prayer - are most definitely in possession of some very formidable ancient technology. Be careful ESZ. CVZ out.